Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Web Developer
Posted on March 30, 2012
The Planning Center | DC&E
Berkeley or Santa Ana
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Web Developer:
City and Regional Planning / Sustainable Development
The Planning Center | DC&E is hiring a GIS Web Developer to oversee GIS web development efforts firm-wide.
The Planning Center | DC&E is a multi-disciplinary firm of approximately 110 planners, urban designers and landscape architects working in the fields of city planning, environmental review, urban design, landscape architecture, GIS and public participation. The Planning Center and Design, Community & Environment (DC&E) merged in March 2011, and provide services throughout California and the Intermountain West. Please take a look at our websites (www.planningcenter.com and www.dceplanning.com ) to find out more about the work we do.
Our GIS Web Developer oversees all web based aspects of GIS work in all of our offices, with specific duties including:
- Managing and completing web based applications that emphasize GIS.
- Training in-house and client staff in web based GIS applications.
- Perform desktop GIS mapping and analysis tasks.
- Web Development of TPC|DC&E’s proprietary “GreenScore” GIS-based indicators model.
- Experience with web mapping APIs such as OpenLayers, UMap and Bing/Google Maps APIs.
- Experience working with ArcServer.
- Experience using MS SQL Server/Oracle database.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop skills quickly with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and problem solving skills.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Python, Flash/ActionScript, Silverlight.
- Spatial data creation and processing.
- Mobile application development and knowledge of cutting edge technologies.
- Database development with proficiency in SQL.
- Prior experience in Keyhole Markup Language (KML) schema, Web Feature Service (WFS) interface, and Web Map Service (WMS) protocol.
Candidates should be conversant with enterprise-level GIS systems using ESRI products. Applicants should also have the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of staff members, manage projects with minimal oversight, and work as a self-starter. A minimum of five years experience in progressively responsible GIS/web development positions is required. GISP and/or ESRI Certification would all be a plus but are not required.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, and a casual work environment. The selected candidate could work from either of our offices in Berkeley or Santa Ana.
The Planning Center | DC&E is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter, your resume, salary requirements and/or history, and a sample of one or more GIS projects as a PDF attachment to Ana Mónica Ryan at email@example.com.